Best Island
Beautiful Island
Beautiful Beach

Saturday, September 4, 2010

Who are you?

Whoooooo are you??? Who? Who? Who? Who?I really want to know... Whooooooo are you? Who? Who? Who? Who?

This is the theme song to the very popular TV Show CSI. I've watched it many times, but today, I experienced it. Jenna and I went to the CSI Experience at the Museum of Science and Industry. It was a lot of fun and I highly recommend it if you ever get the chance. The exhibit was created in part to encourage would be forensic scientists to explore this career opportunity.

We had three different opportunities to solve a crime. It was a really neat experience and taught me how hard the job is. It looks so easy on TV. In fact a lot of the time I play arm chair quarterback telling Grishom to look at the evidence that he's so clearly missing. We looked at blood spatter reports, DNA evidence etc. While I had a great time going through the exhibits and solving crime, it became very clear, this is not the job for me. Nor was it the job for Jen. How did I know? The skills needed for the job didn't come naturally for me. I also didn't have a ton of passion around it.

What's my point? Very simply, whatever God created us to do is given to us in clues. Skill, passion, experience. They often help answer the question "Whoooooo are you?"

So, do you  know who you are? I'm still figuring it out, but I'm  paying close attention to the clues. How about you???

No comments:

Post a Comment