Best Island
Beautiful Island
Beautiful Beach

Monday, September 13, 2010

Rolling Eyes

I just have to ask, "does rolling your eyes" in a condescending manner send out the message "I am an ambassador for Christ"? Or, does it instead send the message I am a Pharisee who knows better than that the person to spent hours preparing to take the pulpit?

The thing is... even if the temptation to roll our eyes comes over us, don't we have the ability to tell our flesh to take a time out and allow the Holy Spirit to guide our actions and reactions?

It always amazes me at how we think the little things aren't noticed. They are! Every single time. If by no one else than God himself.

This weekend I experienced the best of both worlds - a group of women who were so thirsty for God's word that I could literally see the seed penetrate their hearts. Then in another environment a woman who has  a reputation for being a Godly woman chose to roll her eyes and the person behind the pulpit in a manner that screamed disrespect.

Every day we have a choice. I have a choice and you have a choice. I don't always get it right, but after the rolling the eyes incident, I can assure you, this is one area that as of right now, I'm coming up higher. How about you?

No comments:

Post a Comment