Best Island
Beautiful Island
Beautiful Beach

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Obedience is better than...

.....just about anything in God's eyes.

This weekend I had the opportunity to obey the quiet whisper of the Holy Spirit. What He asked me was so far out of my zone I can't even begin to tell you. But I knew that it was Him. I knew that it was my Saviors voice.

There are times that I'm not sure if I'm hearing from the Lord or if it's the pizza I had the night before. But on this day, I knew and I that must obey.

What I love about God is that He always asks for more than we are willing to give but when we obey in faith He gives more than we ever expected.

Boy howdy did He ever bless me. He encouraged my faith. He kept His Word. He brought in people to go one step further than what I even hoped for. All because I was willing. Willing to say yes. Willing to obey.

Scripture says that "obedience is better than sacrifice" but I believe that obedience is better than... just about anything. I'm not saying it's easy. I'm not saying I always get it right either. What I am saying is that every time I've listened to that quiet prompting it's been worth it.

Until next time, (in the words of Pastor Charles Stanley) obey God and leave all the consequences to Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment