Best Island
Beautiful Island
Beautiful Beach

Sunday, November 14, 2010

It's been a great day!

Hi friends,

No real reason for this post other than to tell you what I good day I've had. In this season of my life, I look for moments to celebrate good things and the joy that God brings me each day. Today, I had the opportunity to minister at Harvest Assembly of God. My daughter Jenna was feeling better after her episode with strep throat this week. So, she was excited to get out of the house. My BFF's Katie and Donna came with us as did Donna's husband Rick.

Harvest Assembly is a wonderful church pastored by Keith and Joy Conley. They happened to be out of town this week so I had been invited to bring the morning messages (2 services). Well, let's just say that God seriously showed up in each service and as God ordered it I preached two entirely different messages. It was so awesome to open my mouth and know beyond a shadow of a doubt that God was filling it, touching lives and bringing people into a new or renewed relationship with Jesus.

Nothing thrills me more than seeing men and women on their face repenting and seeking God's restoration power in their life. I love it!!

After the services I met a ton of wonderful people and then we were whisked away for lunch. Our hostess Cassie took us to Abuello's which was an incredible Mexican restaurant. Joining us for lunch were Pastor Ron, his beautiful wife JoAnn and their son Ben. Each one had such a neat story and we so enjoyed getting to know them over chips and salsa, queso dip and a variety of yummy meals.

To round out the day, I took a sweet afternoon nap and am now geared up to watch Sarah Palin's Alaska before hitting the sheets.

All this to say, it's been a good day. God is faithful and loves on those who earnestly seek Him. Who knows what tomorrow may bring but this day.... was very, very good!

Until next time,

No comments:

Post a Comment