Best Island
Beautiful Island
Beautiful Beach

Thursday, November 11, 2010

In every season... I have a reason to sing.... I have a reason to worship

That's a line from one of my favorite songs by Hillsong remade by Rita Springer. I heard her sing it live while at Fall Break Away. A few days later I was regretting not purchasing the CD with this song on it because the winds in my life shifted negatively and I wanted a daily reminder that "in every season of life, I truly do have a reason to sing and worship". Well, our God is so good and so faithful that I popped a CD mix of music into my car that friend made for me and guess what? You got it; my song was on there. That today is something that I am grateful for.

Have you ever walked through a particularly difficult season of life and found that all you could focus on was the negative? How this is going poorly or that happened badly or even that other thing is well.... you know? Me too! I am so tempted some days to focus on all that isn't right in my life. Yet, I have to tell you that my spirit just won't let me. In spite of some of the hard things that I am experiencing right now, my spirit sings to me. Truly, I wake up every morning to my spirit singing to me. I believe that's the Holy Spirit setting the tone for my day and inviting me to join Him in a song of praise.

Now, I do have the ability to quiet the song of my spirit with complaining, negativity or even incessant worry. So do you. But why would we want to do that when we have another choice? Does it negate the realities of life to sing and worship Jesus? On the contrary, I think it gives Him all the more glory. Psalm 54:6 says, "I will sacrifice a freewill offering to you; I will praise your name, LORD, for it is good."

I maybe a newly single mom. I may have a child with strep throat. I may not know what tomorrow may bring but I know who holds my tomorrow in His hands. So, until then, I will sing and worship. If you need a pick me up today, check out this link to hear my favorite song of the day: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlgUUeQh0CQ

Until then, sing and be blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment