Best Island
Beautiful Island
Beautiful Beach

Sunday, October 24, 2010

Not about me.... through me!

I want to thank each and every one of you for celebrating with me the signing of my book contract. It means so much to me to know that you believe in me. I praised God for every one of you and was so encouraged by your messages to me.

Now, because I love you so much I need for you to know that as excited as I am about this book contract and as much as I have enjoyed your sweetness I have a confession to make. This book contract is not about me. This book is not about me. It's not about my talent as a writer (I have zilch). It's not about my theology degree (don't have that either). Nor is it about my engaging communication style (Okay that I have a little of). It's about the message.

This message "Parasites in the body of Christ" is about God's amazing love for His church and His desire to see us individually and collectively be the lighthouses we were created to be. I remember being in the 5th of what became a 12 week study and realizing, "Whoa, I'm in the middle of something so much bigger than me". So, while I share your awe of God and what He's doing in my life, just know that I know that this book isn't about me... it's just coming through me. I just got on board with what God is doing in the world and because of that He is blessing me.

You know, so often I go about my day asking God to bless this or give help for that only to be disappointed when He doesn't answer. Yet it's in John 15:16-17 that we see that when we get on board with what God cares about most then we open His hand to move in our life.

The scripture says: You did not choose me, but I chose you and appointed you to go and bear fruit—fruit that will last. Then the Father will give you whatever you ask in my name. This is my command: Love each other.

The only fruit that will last is what we invest in the eternal life of another person. This upcoming book is all about rooting out the parasites in our life that are killing, stealing and destroying our effectiveness. It's about each one of us in the body of Christ becoming strong and healthy serving as both salt and light to lost and dying world.

The only thing I did to receive the honor of being published was say yes to God in both word and deed. The only thing that you need to do to experience the same is ask  God to show you how He wants you to bear fruit for His kingdom. I do it through writing but perhaps yours will be through art or music or some other area of passion. So, allow me to encourage you today. Figure out what God wants to do in the world and start helping Him with it, then stand back in  awe of what He will do in your life.

Who knows, you may be the next Mandesa or Thomas Kincade?

To God be the glory.



No comments:

Post a Comment