Best Island
Beautiful Island
Beautiful Beach

Sunday, October 17, 2010

It's been a while...

Today must be the day to blog because no less than three people mentioned to me that "it's been a while". Thank you for letting me know that you enjoy reading them. It means a lot to me and I'll admit, it has been way too long. So, I thought I'd share with you a few exciting things happening in my life.

Over the last few weeks God has fulfilled some big dreams. Not only has He fulfilled them, truthfully, He originated them. So, where to begin? Well, how about with the Experience Conference. The Experience Conference for those of you who don't know is a Christian Education event within the Assemblies of God. It's where dozens upon dozens of workshop leaders present information to promote the christian education of men and women from all over our Florida churches.

This year, I had been asked to teach a 45 minute snidbit from my new 12 week series Parasites in the Body of Christ. It's a message that God gave me after an expecially difficult time in my life. Well, on Friday evening after the first day of workshops Evangelist John Bevere was preaching a message on living the Extraordinary Life. During the ministry time of His teaching, the Lord spoke to my heart and told me to come prepared the next day ready to sell the 12 session Cd's. I almost fainted, but after a confirming Word I decided to obey the Lord. My friends Katie and Corin jumped into action and the next day God was true to His Word and I took 24 orders of the CD. Amazing!

The next week through the hard work and faith of my friends Pastor Joseph and Shauna Vosberg (and team) we created those Cd's and fulfilled the orders leaving me enough product to take to Fall Break Away. Fall Break Away is the Women's Ministry event of the year which this year was held at the Omni Resort in Orlando. At this years event, God fulfilled a life long dream and allowed me to speak in the afternoon workshop which in and of itself was an incredible gift. While there, at the very persuasive encouragement of my friends I brought a boat load of product to sell. Truthfully, I was reluctant to have a table but my friends would not take no for an answer offering to set it up, work it and sell my products. Would you believe that I sold out of everything? Every single CD and Book that I brought with me sold out with the expectation of I think 2 single items. I was speechless. Only God could have done that!

But that's not all. It's not even the best part. On Saturday of the conference, our minister for the day, Dr. Medina Pullings spoke about being crowned with God's favor. She said that there were some in the room who would be given so much favor in the coming days that what would typically take six months would take only 2 days. She said that we would be connected to people in such powerful positions that a yes would be the only answer given for our questions. I'll tell you that I put my hand up in the air and received that word believing whole heartily that it was for me.

Coming home on Tuesday, I felt impressed to reach out to the Author  Coach that I was working with to let Him know how well received the Parasites Cd's had been selling. He suggested that I call a publishing firm to determine how to submit a book proposal. The goal was to come back to my coach and put together that proposal. However, when I called and used my coach's name as the reference, I was put through to a gentleman who seemed genuinely interested in my series. He kindly gave me 20 minutes of his time and in the process asked for me to send him my manuscript, book synopsis and a bio. I worked on it as best I could and sent it to my new friend.

That was a Thursday afternoon. At 10am the next morning an email appeared in my inbox. I honestly did not want to open it. In less than 24 hours what good could possible be in that email? Yet on the other hand, what if? The only way to find out was to open the email. Looking first to see who it was from I noticed that it was the gentleman whom I'd spoken too only a few days earlier. Only this time, beside his name was his title: CEO of Bridge Logos Publishing. I remember feeling like someone had stolen my breathe. Had I been talking to the CEO the whole time? Well, now shaking like a leaf I scrolled up and learned that in less than 24 hours my manuscript had been reviewed and accepted. Bridge Logos Publishing was offering me a book contract!!

I immediately hung up and called him, not believing my eyes. You see, this just doesn't happen. It takes weeks, months, and sometimes even years for a book to get published and yet here I was being offered the opportunity to publish a message that has become like second skin to me. My new friend assured me that it was no mistake. In fact, he let me know that after a year of hard work to bring it to fruition by this time next year, this book will be in all the major book stores: Lifeway, Family Christian, Barnes and Noble, etc.

Only God my friends could have done that. Only God. A God who created this message from the beginning. Only a God who was looking for a willing vessel to speak it through. I was simply that willing vessel. That's the message I want to leave you with today. God wants to do amazing things through you too. Not just ordinary things but out of the ordinary, extraordinary things. Will you be willing? I can tell you that I don't deserve God's favor. I haven't earned it. I'm not anything special. I'm just a girl who said yes... yes to an extraordinary God!

Well, that's what I've been up to for the past month. I'll do my best to update more often. Oh and by the way, I have a new website and in the coming days, my blog will no longer be written here but will be written there but don't worry, I'll let you know when the transition happens. For those of you who would like a sneak peak, that address is: http://www.tinablount.com/

Until then, blessings from an ordinary girl who serves an extraordinary God....

No comments:

Post a Comment