Best Island
Beautiful Island
Beautiful Beach

Sunday, December 26, 2010

Sharing Christmas Treats

This year, the main theme of my gift giving was cookies. I am an avid cookie cutter collector, and I thought I would put them to use this year. Armed with a vast selection to choose from and a killer sugar cookie recipe, I went on a baking spree.

There were snowflakes...







Snowmen,

Christmas Trees,

and stars.









Even a whole

Christmas Tree

made from almond cookies.

This cookie tree was

special project for some

dear friends who were

hosting 17 family members

for Christmas dinner.




The one recipe I make every year, mainly for consumption in my house is



Cherry Oat Bars

They are extremely rich, and absolutely
scream to be consumed. I put them in the
freezer, but that barely slows down their
consumption.



Here is the recipe for your enjoyment.



Bottom Ingredients:
1 cup flour
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup rolled oats
2 tsp baking powder
3/4 cup butter or margarine

Combine flour with baking powder, sugar and rolled oats.
Add butter and mix until mixture crumbles.
Press firmly into 9x9 pan.

Topping -
2 eggs
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup coconut
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
1/2 cup red and green cherries
1 tsp vanilla
pinch of salt

Beat eggs well, add remaining ingredients.
Spread over crumbs and bake in
300 degree F oven for 45 minutes or
until brown around edges.

I dare you to eat just one square at a time.

Enjoy.

The recipe for the Cookie Christmas Tree called
for a double batch of the recipe enclosed with
the cutters. But in actuality it only took one.
So with a batch of cookie dough in the freezer,
I have decided to make cookies a theme for
birthdays throughout the year. Next week
during the break, I'll bake them up and decorate
them for freezing. Oh joy oh bliss.

No comments:

Post a Comment