Best Island
Beautiful Island
Beautiful Beach

Tuesday, December 28, 2010

HO HO HO and a bottle of ....Scotch

Every year Thom, Vi and their two sons Marcus and Phillip have a weekend where I stay over at their house and we have our own Christmas together.

Thom and I have a particular fondness for a good single malt, and they usually provide me with a bottle every few years for my own private consumption. It literally takes me years to get through it, I do bring it out for those special friends, but mainly it is just for me, and a wee dram on a cold winter evening. (or summer...lol)

Well, my usual scotch is The Balvenie, but this year they bought me a new brand.


Out with the old...

I just finished the last dram

this Christmas Eve.



If you've never tried Balvenie,

it has a lovely nutty after-taste.


And in with the new...



Auchentoshan...

we certainly had fun

trying to pronounce it.

Still unsure about it.

Here's the description from

the box.

Triple distilled and matured for over twleve years. The result a Lowland single malt whisky with the tempting aroma of toasted almonds, caramelised toffee and the signature smooth delicate, Auchentoshan taste.


Where's my glass?

No comments:

Post a Comment