Best Island
Beautiful Island
Beautiful Beach

Friday, November 27, 2009

Rain, a Ninja Assassin?

I don't even know why I'm writing a blog post on Rain, the South Korean super popstar. Probably I was inspired by his debut Hollywood movie as the main lead...Ninja Assassin! Despite the bad reviews, it wasn't half bad actually. But I'm still puzzled with my sudden interest of Rain. Maybe it's his abs and lean physique.


Before Ninja Assassin, there were only 3 instances which I was exposed to Rain. All of them portrayed Rain as this pop star with boy band qualities; charming, wholesome, can dance well, can sing and act a little. There's:

Full House, the hit Korean romantic comedy series. (I found this dance irresistibly cute)


This music video of his hit song, "I do" (ahem...my current favourite song)



And of course, spokesperson for Clear shampoo. "Nama saya...Rain"


Probably I'm fascinated with Rain because of his portrayal of Raizo - the lethal ninja, a somewhat shocking departure from the little I know of Rain. Believe me, Ninja Assassin is insanely violent, blood soaked, brutal and psychotically gory. At the end of the film, I can't even keep track of the body count. Limbs are cut off by a chained knife, heads are severed, blood spurting out like a water fountain, people are stabbed, shot and hit by cars...you get the picture?

No comments:

Post a Comment