Best Island
Beautiful Island
Beautiful Beach

Sunday, November 8, 2009

Snooker

I started playing snooker when I turned 18. I can't remember who introduced me to the game (could be Mark Krishnan? Dinesh? Adrian Lai?) but it was really addictive. I wouldn't say I'm really good at this game but I'm slightly above average.

During those days, the heroes of the game were Jimmy White and Steve Davis. Jimmy was my favourite because of his crazy spins but most of all, he appeared (as himself) in a very memorable Stephen Chow movie about...snooker. Here's a clip from the movie:



Mr Jimmy White was the god of snooker! Here are some crazy shots during his prime:






Here are some photos of the Sea Park market. It's not a very big market but good enough for most families. My in-laws get their daily supply here. (No, this is not a 2nd blog post and Yes, it's related to Jimmy White. Read on.)

Exterior of the market

Interior of the market

As Jo and I were running some errands over the weekend, we saw this HUGE poster hanging above the Sea Park market:

I said, "Wait a minute. The guy in the poster. I know him. Let's take a closer look."
"Oh.my.God. It's THE LEGENDARY Jimmy White! He's having an exhibition match Right Here in PERSON, IN MALAYSIA, IN PETALING JAYA! IN MY NEIGHBOURHOOD...

...right above the Sea Park market..." (what?!)

Lost for words. Malaysia memang Boleh.

No comments:

Post a Comment