Best Island
Beautiful Island
Beautiful Beach

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Bunaken,Manado-a Heaven Under The Sea

Bunaken is Located at the north of the island of Sulawesi, Indonesia. It Belongs administratively to the Municipality of Manado. Bunaken is part of the Bunaken National Marine Park, Some Of Which has the Highest Levels of Marine Biodiversity in the world. Scuba diving attracts many visitors to the island. The Bunaken National Marine Park Was Formally Established in 1991 and is Among the first of Indonesia's Growing system of marine parks.
The park covers a total surface area of 890.65 km ², 97% of Which is overlain by sparkling clear, warm tropical water. The Remaining 3% of the park is terrestrial, Including the five islands of Bunaken, Manado Tua, Mantehage, Nain and Siladen. Although Each of These islands have a special character, it is the Aquatic ecosystem That attracts most Naturalists.

The waters of Bunaken National Marine Park are extremely deep (1566 m in Manado Bay), clear (up to 35-40 m visibility), refreshing in temperature (27 to 29 ° C) Pick Any of group of interest - corals, fish, echinoderms or sponges - and the number of family, genus or species is bound to be astonishingly high. For example, seven of the eight species of giant clams in the world That OCCUR, OCCUR in Bunaken.
The park has around 70 genera of corals; compare this to a mere 10 in Hawaii. Although the exact number of fish species is unknown, it May be Slightly Higher Than in the Philippines, 2.500 WHERE species, or Nearly 70% of all fish species Known to the Indo-western Pacific, are found.

Oceanic currents May Explain, in part, why Bunaken National Marine Park is Such a treasure trove of Biodiversity. Generally Northeasternly currents sweep Through the park But Abundant counter currents and gyros related to lunar cycles are Believed to be a trap for free swimming larvae. This is Particularly true on the south side of the crescent-shaped Bunaken Island, lying in the heart of the park.

A diver or snorkeling in the vicinity of Fukui May Lekue or spot over 33 species of butterfly fish and Numerous types of groupers, damsels, wrasses and gobies. The gobies, smallish fish with bulging eyes and modified fins That allow them to attach to hard surfaces, are the most diverse group Known But least of fish in the park.

No comments:

Post a Comment