Best Island
Beautiful Island
Beautiful Beach

Thursday, June 3, 2010

Bali Day 5: Meet My New Boyfriend

DSCN0468
Things went bad shortly after this photo was taken. In all honesty, I'm glad I couldn't see what was happening to me or I probably would have gotten upset. The horrified gasps of the other tourists was unsettling enough. While no one got video of this monkey attacking me, I thought I'd share a video I found on line of a monkey in Ubud monkey forest attacking another American.



When the monkey on my back decided to taste my hair and scalp, I can tell you I was not laughing...or smiling for that matter. Anyone who got near me got hissed at and I'm sure it bared its teeth. Note to self: Next visit to Monkey forest, don't shampoo with mint scented shampoo and conditioner.

I'm not the only one who got jumped on, however, they usually jumped off right away.

DSCN0447

DSCN0446

There were quite a few moms and babies and they were very interesting to watch.

DSCN0449

DSCN0459

Below, shot of the rainforest and the deep gully in the park.

DSCN0472

Thhis was a temple in the park.

DSCN0476
This was the bridge we walked across to get to the temple side.

DSCN0477

A monkey 'guarding' the bridge. Yes, that is blood on its chest. These are wild animals and I took this with the telephoto after having been attacked...this guy was not my attacker.

DSCN0478

It almost looks like this monkey is getting her child ready to head off to school, "Here, let me straighten that fur a little bit."

DSCN0481

No comments:

Post a Comment